This unique, court-based role provides case management support to people with complex support needs who are on bail. It also provides mentoring and practice leadership to other case managers.
The Magistrates' Court of Victoria is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to join its Court Support Services (CSS) team based at Ballarat Magistrates' Court. You will be joining the team at an exciting time of growth and expansion, as we extend the program across the state.
The Court Support Services Advanced Case Manager provides case management to accused persons who have multiple and complex needs and who are participating in court support programs whilst on bail.
This position has a focus on working with clients presenting with a high level of risk.
As an advanced practitioner within the team, you will also provide practice leadership and mentoring to other case managers in their work with clients.
We encourage you to apply if you possess the following:
- Relevant qualifications in social work, psychology or equivalent discipline
- Extensive experience in assessing and case managing clients with complex needs.
- Experience in providing coaching and mentoring to staff
- Detailed knowledge of the service system and practice models relevant to working with clients with family violence, disability, mental health and/or AOD issues
- Strong team player with effective communication skills and a flexible approach
In return, CSS offers a unique opportunity to develop your leadership and clinical skills within a supportive team environment. You will be provided with ongoing professional development opportunities and be part of a court-based team committed to supporting people with multiple and complex needs.
For further information on this position and to submit your application, please visit careers.vic.gov.au by 25 September 2019.