Who we are
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community services providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.
Who we're looking for
If you're an Alcohol and other Drugs (AOD) professional, qualified with Diploma in Counselling and Cert IV AOD or equivalent, enjoy variety in your day, and working closely with other service delivery professionals, you might be exactly the person we're looking for!
As part of our AOD team at Box Hill, EACH is looking for a part-time (.5FTE) Counsellor to provide accessibly, high quality, therapeutic AOD counselling and associated health services to our clients.
What you'll be doing
Your days will be varied and highly engaging as the AOD Counsellor. You will have around 5 counselling sessions a day aimed at reducing AOD related harm to individuals and their families, promote recovery and identify a range of co-occurring mental health, social and primary health issues associated with substance use, and provide integrated and collaborative counselling and support to address these.
We provide a welcoming, hopeful, empathic, strength-based, family-inclusive, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented, culturally appropriate and co-occurring capable service. To do this you will attend meetings with the team, share information, maintain client files, engage in supervision and network with service professionals and sector experts.
Who you'll be working with
Reporting into the Team Leader, the AOD team is a dynamic, progressive, evidenced-based cohort of counsellors and clinicians that assist clients to meet their individual goals. The team is passionate about helping people within the community to take back control.
What we offer
EACH offers all staff benefits by offering:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Opportunities for internal career progression across QLD, NSW, ACT, and VIC
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 free income tax per year AND up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals entertainment
- Opportunities to continuously grow and develop through individualised professional development
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Novated leasing arrangements
We want to know why you would like to come work with EACH and what you can bring to this role. Please attach a cover letter with your resume when you 'Apply Now' via EACH careers page.
If you’d like more information about the position, please contact Fay Edebohls, Team Leader – Integrated Services 0439 523 257.
Applications close Friday, 22 October 2021.
Key Selection Criteria
- Minimum qualification in Diploma AOD, looked on favourably Social Work, Psychology, advance dip in AOD, completed or completing competencies in dual diagnosis
- Relevant experience working with AOD clients both voluntary and mandated
- Demonstrated experience in providing therapeutic counselling to clients with a co-existing drug and alcohol and mental health condition.
- Well-developed communication skills with the capability to prepare reports and correspondence in clear information in a manner appropriate to the purpose and audience.
- A current and valid VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide a valid National Police Check (within 60 days of commencement)
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia