We are currently recruiting a qualified and experienced Counsellor with a background working with complex issues and Alcohol and Other Drug abuse. This position will suit a Social Worker, Psychologist or Counsellor. You will be a part of a medium sized, extremely supportive office and workplace! This role will include providing 1x1 Counselling and facilitating group therapy.
About Dayhab Private Hospital for Addiction Treatment:
Dayhab's model of intensive rehabilitation has revolutionised the practice of addiction treatment. Our success is based on years of research, experience and dedication. The DayHab approach to addiction recovery is evidence-based best practice, cutting edge addiction treatment.
Everyone who accesses DayHab services is treated with respect, consideration and empathy. Our services are provided within an environment that is safe and supportive, allowing the process of addiction treatment and healing to begin.
Two decades of advancements in neuroscience convinced The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) officials that addiction should be redefined by what is going on in the brain. For instance, research has shown that addiction affects the brains reward circuitry, such that memories of previous experiences with alcohol, food, sex, gambling and other drugs trigger cravings and more addictive behaviour. Brain circuitry that governs impulse control and judgment is also altered resulting in the nonsensical pursuit of rewards.
DayHab’s treatment model is based on widely recognised evidence proving addiction is a disease and that abstinence is the best way to manage the condition. We approach addiction treatment in a holistic way, working with mind, body and spirit as components of a healthy life.
All DayHab staff are highly dedicated professionals with many years of experience working within addiction treatment and mental health services across Australia, as well as having overcome their own personal challenges with addiction.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Delivery of the DayHab Addiction Treatment Program including but not limited to: group therapy, case management and aftercare planning.
• Provision of practical and emotional support to clients.
• Participation in handover process.
• Maintenance of client records.
• Preparation of written reports (e.g., clinical/forensic reports).
• Maintenance of DayHab program board.
• Participation in the development, delivery and evaluation of an effective and credible addiction treatment program.
• Participation in the operations and administration of the rehabilitation treatment centre as directed.
• Ad hoc duties as required.
Key Selection Criteria
Minimum Qualifications: Diploma in AoD and Mental Health (or equivalent)
Lived experience advantageous
Applications:Please forward a copy of your cover letter and Resume to email@example.com