- Part-time 0.8 position
- Leading family relationship services organisation
- Access to salary packaging
- Based in Melbourne CBD
LifeWorks is a dynamic, values based not-for-profit organisation specialising in human relationships and interpersonal communication. We are passionate, dedicated and committed to making a difference, by providing high quality relationship counselling, dispute resolution and relationship education services to individuals, couples and families. LifeWorks also provide Employee Assistance Programs, training and consulting to workplaces.
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for a self-motivated, client-focused coordinator of our Safe, Drink and Drug Driver Behaviour Change programs. You will be responsible for the development and delivery of the Safe, Drink and Drug Driver Behaviour Change programs, incorporating funded services.
Responsibilities will include:
- preparation of the curriculum for the Safe, Drink and Drug Driver Behaviour Change Programs developed by VicRoads
- oversighting initial screening
- coordinating and facilitating groups
- using motivational interviewing skills, support clients during attendance at the course
- educating clients on licence eligibility processes and referring clients for further treatments as required
- developing and maintaining excellent administrative processes for the delivery of services
You will have:
- Minimum of Bachelor level qualifications in psychology, social work, health, human services or related discipline.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with mandated clients and behavioural change interventions with a reputable drug and alcohol treatment provider (e.g. Government provider or private provider Quality Certified under the Australian Council of Healthcare Standards).
- The following units (if not already included in the relevant qualifications).
- Work with Clients who are Intoxicated
- Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues.
- Work in an alcohol and other drugs context.
- Managing small groups and group-work.
- A Motivational Interviewing Course – post 2012; ideally with a member of MI Oceania.
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications in working with people with addictions and working with offenders.
A professional in your field, you can work independently while working within a cohesive, committed and high performing team. Together with your exceptional level of ethical standards and well-developed interpersonal communication skills, you will have the capacity to manage and ensure high standards of practice.
Previous experience working in a human services environment would be highly regarded.
Application details and a position description are available from www.lifeworks.com.au/employment.
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
Applications should be forwarded to HR – LifeWorks, Level 4 - 255 Bourke Street, Melbourne 3000 or emailed to HR@lifeworks.com.au by Friday 17 May, 2019.
For enquiries regarding this position, please contact Ann Smith, Executive Manager Service Development and Quality on 1300 543 396.