This is an exciting opportunity to work with a growing and dynamic team of consultants in the health services sector with your exceptional health services consulting skills. This is a 0.8-1.0 FTE position.
360Edge is a great place to work
We are Australia’s leading health consultancy specialising in the alcohol and other drug sector and other health sectors including mental health. We provide a full suite of advisory services to help health service organisations, health systems and those who work in the sector accelerate change. We work with leading organisations, governments and not for profit agencies across Australia and internationally.
Our vision is for a thriving service system that provides the best policy and practice responses right across the spectrum of alcohol and other drug use and other health sectors including mental health. We see the alcohol and other drug sector and other health sectors as areas that have continuous improvement at their core and are resilient and adaptable to change. Our mission is to ensure governments and services have the tools they need to respond effectively and efficiently to people seeking support.
We are driven to make a positive impact in the world and strongly believe in social justice and human rights, and it drives all of our work. We believe that everyone has the right to the opportunities and privileges that society has to offer. As a lead consultancy, our values of excellence, transparency and integrity are at the core of everything we do. We live these values within the team and with our customers and collaborators.
Our team of experienced ‘pracademics’ take a 360 approach to viewing situations from multiple perspectives. We collaboratively and holistically work with our clients at every stage, wherever they are in the cycle of change, to achieve their goals.
We are currently recruiting for a Consultant in health services evaluation
We are looking for an exceptional research or evaluation professional who has high-level critical thinking skills and experience in translating research to practice or policy.
This is an opportunity to join an outstanding team who are committed to designing, developing and managing small to large projects that make a real and significant contribution to health services improvement in the alcohol and other drug sector, from identifying a problem to finding a tailored solution.
This role provides our key services in service improvement, workforce development and health system development including funding and policy. This position contributes their expertise across a range of short and long-term projects.
The role of consultant provides essential project and research support to the Senior and Principal Consultants and may be asked to contribute to:
- Project design and methodology
- Stakeholder engagement
- Literature review and synthesis
- Data management and analysis
- Synthesis and reporting
- Research dissemination
Key Selection Criteria
- Higher degree with research experience
- Experience in a position that has provided research or evaluation support, such as a research assistant
- It is preferable for the Consultant to have a background in an area of practice/intervention related to alcohol and other drugs or mental health
- An understanding and knowledge of the health sector, in particular, the alcohol and other drug and mental health sectors and its operations
- Demonstrated ability in project management
- A demonstrated ability to build client relationships
- Ability to lead projects with skills including dynamic risk management, contract management, project costing and budgeting, resource allocation, team management, identifying business development opportunities
- Understanding of a range of different program methodologies
- Ability to undertake engaging facilitation of meetings, discussions, and consults.
- Demonstrated ability in the production of written products using clear, concise and appropriate language
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the complexities of the Health sector
- Proven ability in analysis of multiple complex data sets
- Exceptional organisational skills showing responsiveness and the ability to prioritise your workload
- Critical thinking ability
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving
- Ability to follow through and own outcomes
- Proficient in the use of Office products and templates
- Confidence in your abilities and role