Did you know that our livers perform up to 500 vital functions to keep us healthy and yet more than six million Australians live with liver disease of whom over 100,000 are Victorian’s living with viral hepatitis?
This could be your chance to turn this situation around. LiverWELL, incorporating Hepatitis Victoria, champions the interests of people affected by or at risk of viral hepatitis and liver disease. We aspire to better liver health for all Australians, free from hepatitis and stigma. LiverWELL provides information, support, referral, education, and advocacy for people living with liver disease and training for those who work with them.
LiverWELL is currently looking for a Community Engagement Coordinator at 3 days per week (0.6FTE) with a passion for impacting health outcomes, quality improvement, negotiation, and time management skills.
This role works alongside the LiverWELL health promotion team and is integral to LiverWELL’s advocacy and community engagement, reflecting our organisational commitment to put lived experience at the very heart of our work.
Working with diverse communities, stakeholders, and our lived experience advisory committee - you will lead the integration of the core principle of “community owned and led” across LiverWELL. By elevating user experience and consumer voices - this role will support community designed initiatives to viral hepatitis and emerging liver health needs, addressing stigma, and building strong service networks. Responsibilities include coordinating our Lived Experience speaker bureau, the LiverWELL intern and volunteer program, recognition awards and to work alongside our health promotion and communication teams.
LiverWELL are committed to employing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, persons with lived experience of viral hepatitis and liver disease, and those who come from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Persons from these communities are encouraged to apply.
LiverWELL offers an enjoyable team working environment, ongoing professional development and excellent conditions including salary packaging options and benefits.
If you would like to discuss the role further contact Adrian Hubble, Senior Health Services Manager on 0414 689 808 or email.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and current CV.
Further information on LiverWELL and the Position Description for the position can be found at https://liverwell.org.au/get-involved/work-with-us/
Key Selection Criteria
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Relevant qualifications in community development, engagement, allied health, or health promotion.
- Demonstrated experience in community development or engagement/participation and in developing community participation strategies and associated evaluation techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in the engagement, supervision and retention of volunteers and/or lived experience stakeholders.
- Thorough understanding of access, equity, participation, and stigma issues, especially in community and health services.
- Demonstrated excellence in written reports, action plans and broad communications.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build networks and work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- The ability to develop an in-depth understanding of the complexities of viral hepatitis and liver disease.
- Knowledge of the principles of community development and consumer driven service development.
- Strong negotiation and time management skills, with the capacity to respond flexibly to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to identify improvements, recommend solutions, innovate, and work proactively and collaboratively.
- A driver’s licence current for the State of Victoria.