- Grade 4 Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- Public Intoxication
- Based in Dandenong
- 12 month full time positions, rotating roster
Monash Health is excited to announce Grade 4 Community Nurse positions within the Monash Health Drug & Alcohol Services are now available as part of a staged implementation of new funding and services to establish and lead the Public Intoxication Health Response Trial for the City of Greater Dandenong. There are full time and part time positions available, all are 12 month temporary position for the duration of the trial with further funding yet to be announced.
The Community Nurse Grade 4 will work closely with Lived Experience workforce and report to the Community Team Leader who in turn reports to the Director Clinical Operations
About our Monash Health Public Intoxication Health Response Trial
The Victorian Government has committed to repealing the offence of public drunkenness and replacing it with a health based response, in order to support vulnerable Victorians who are found intoxicated in public. The City of Greater Dandenong is one of four trial sites that will inform how this new public health model will be rolled out across the state. The trials are the first step towards implementing the Summary of Offences Amendment (Decriminalisation of Public Drunkenness) Act 2021, which paves the way for public intoxication to be treated as a health issue not a crime. Current public intoxication laws have caused an unacceptable and disproportionate impact on Aboriginal Victorians and reform is long overdue. Monash Health is continuing to work with government, Aboriginal communities, health experts and stakeholders to ensure a safe and effective model that strikes the right balance between protecting people who are intoxicated in public and community safety. The initial funding is for a 12 month Trial with ongoing funding to be confirmed.
About The Role
We are excited to announce a new Assertive Outreach Team that requires Community Nurse Grade 4 positions to respond to intoxicated persons in public, within the City of Greater Dandenong and liaise with Ambulance Victoria, Victoria Police, Ngwala Willumbong Outreach staff and Dandenong Hospital to ensure the most appropriate service is provided to the intoxicated person. This role will also screen and triage people to the Safe Space once established (Sobering Service also being provided as part of this new funding).
These newly created Community Nurse Grade 4 positions will work closely with the Community Team Leader, staff of the Safe Space (once implemented), Director Clinical Operations, Unit Head, Ngwala Willumbong, Department of Health, Vic Police and Ambulance Victoria to finalise the Operational Guidelines. These roles will ensure the provision of safe and effective care as well as assist and support the Team Leader with the efficient oversight and input into the Trial. These roles will be integral in supporting staff and managing pathways, service capacity, linkages and recording of data to inform the Trial.
There are full-time and part time, temporary (12 month) positions available, all will work across a rotating roster of morning, afternoon and night shift. The Trials will inform what Public Intoxication Health Response Services look like across Victoria, with additional funding to be confirmed.
What We Offer
- access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills & knowledge base
- avenues to further develop your leadership & project management skills
- mentorship & career guidance
- support to attend relevant forums & conferences
- a supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging to increase your take-home pay, access to onsite staff car parking and gym, uniform and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Key Selection Criteria
You are an experience Grade 4 Psychiatric Nurse or looking for your next career step, have experience working in the Drug & Alcohol/Addiction field and/or Mental Health, lead by example, thrive working in a dynamic, evolving environment and are truly passionate about delivering a high standard of evidence based care to all people who present to the service. You are committed to improving outcomes for our clients and our community.
You Are Also:
- Experience Grade 4 Nurse or Grade 3 Nurse ready for next step in career
- Experience in Drug & Alcohol Services/ Addiction Specialist roles /Mental Health Services
- committed to improving health outcomes for marginalised communities
- dedicated to safe best practice & quality care
- committed to delivering patient centred care & a patient advocacy
- enthusiastic, compassionate & able to work collaboratively
- excited to be accountable for and manage specific portfolios in our relentless pursuit of excellence
What You Need:
- Relevant Qualification (aligned to position description)
- Demonstrated experience (aligned to position description)
- Current AHPRA registration
- Include any other mandatory/required skills or licenses
- Australian working rights