Assess offenders referred to the Drug Court and develop treatment plans to address substance use and associated issues.
Participate in case conferences and provide expert advice to the Court.
Contribute to the development and progress of the Drug Court program.
- Work in a dynamic and innovative environment at the Dandenong Drug Court.
- Develop collaborative relationships with a diverse range of key stakeholders.
- Full time, Ongoing VPS Grade 4 role.
The Drug Court of Victoria (DCV) administers drug treatment orders (DTO) under section 18z of the Sentencing Act 1991. Participants on a DTO receive a judicially supervised, therapeutically oriented, intensive and integrated drug supervision and treatment regime; which focuses on improving many aspects of their lives including drug dependency, physical & mental health, homelessness, education and employment, self-esteem and family and social relationships.
About the role
The Clinical Advisor (CA) is responsible for providing clinical advice, treatment and referral service information for the Drug Court (DC) and DC participants.
The CA plays a crucial role in undertaking comprehensive drug and alcohol assessments with potential DC participants who have been referred to DCV. These assessments are used to inform the judiciary around suitability for DTO's and assist in shaping potential DTO conditions.
The CA is responsible for designing a treatment plan, liaising with alcohol and drug services and supporting the participant to achieve treatment goals. This role also provides secondary consultation to other members of the Drug Court team and the judiciary.
- You are a skilled, qualified and experienced clinician with experience in supporting individuals with drug addictions and related conditions.
- You are an innovative individual who can build therapeutic alliances with participants whilst adhering to Court deadlines.
- You have a tertiary qualification in social work, welfare, health, psychology or related field with emphasis in AOD.
- You will have an understanding of, or experience in, working with people in the criminal justice system.
For further information on this position and to submit your application, please visit careers.vic.gov.au by 25/08/2019.