Seeking values-driven and experienced Intake Officer to oversee intake activities for Gateway Health's Counselling and Support Team.
The Client Services Intake Team aims to facilitate safe, seamless, and responsive access of clients to a variety of service options appropriate to their needs. The Intake Team supports clients to initiate their health and wellbeing journeys through initial needs identification, initial assessment, advocacy, provision of relevant information and resources, and facilitated referrals where appropriate.
The purpose of this position is to support people to make the most appropriate link to services and programs, both internal and external to Gateway Health. This occurs through confidential initial needs identification, initial assessment, advocacy, provision of information and resources, and facilitated referrals where appropriate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality service delivery, responding to enquiries and completing intake screens for people in a timely manner.
- Provide information using a strengths based approach, focusing on health and wellbeing outcomes.
- Conduct initial risk assessments with clients and mitigate risks factoring in cultural or ethnic backgrounds, disability, and age related concerns.
- Manage waiting list.
- Ensure the Intake Process is well communicated to the client from the point of initial enquiry, intake, comprehensive assessment, admission, and referral.
Gateway Health is a not-for-profit Company limited by guarantee and a registered Community Health Service under the Health Services Act 1988 (Vic).
Vision: People living well
Our Mission: Gateway Health provides primary health care & support to all in our community & focuses on providing services to those with the highest risk of poor health.
Our Values: We care – We work together – We achieve – We learn – We Innovate
Our Principles: We advocate for fair and equitable access to health care and wellbeing services for all.
We respect the strength of individuals and the community, and their capacity to recover from adversity.
We recognize the importance of adaptability and responsiveness to enable us to deliver on our commitment to the community.
We actively listen and work alongside the community and each other to design and deliver better solutions.
We believe a learning culture is critical to enhancing the wellbeing of staff, clients and the community.
We contribute to creation of a connected and integrated health and community care system to achieve the best outcomes for our clients and community.
Gateway Health strives for an achievement culture that encourages innovation and initiative. We build and foster strengths-based programs that focus on support and recovery. Our staff are our greatest asset.
The organisation employs over 380 staff providing a range of primary health and community services across the Ovens Murray region in North East Victoria and parts of Southern New South Wales. Gateway Health serves all people, and is committed to improving individual and population health outcomes. We will do this by providing health care and support to individuals and communities in times of need, and by actively working with our partners to address the social and environmental determinants of health. Services are delivered through a mix of centre-based services in Wodonga, Wangaratta and Myrtleford, and outreach to rural communities across the region.
Please go to www.gatewayhealth.org.au to review the Application Process and full position details including Position Description.
Applications must address the selection criteria and have two referees who are the applicants previous or current managers.
Your application must include:
- Cover Letter
- Address the Selection Criteria provided in the Position Description
- Proof of Current Victorian Working with Children clearance
- Employment Disclosure Application Form (located on our gateway website)
Please forward your application, resume and selection criteria responses to email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 1st August 2021
Gateway Health is a child safe organisation. Gateway Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gateway Health is currently working towards achieving Rainbow Tick accreditation. Gateway Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Key Selection Criteria
- Ability to behave in accordance to the Gateway Health Values of We Care, We work together, We achieve, We learn, We innovate.
- Tertiary qualifications in Counselling, Social Work, Health Sciences, Psychology, Behavioural and Social Sciences or relevant equivalent studies and extensive experience in counselling, welfare or health fields.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with, assessing, and/or safety planning for clients, especially in sensitive situations that require an urgent and confidential response.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in articulating complex client needs and advocating on their behalf.
- Demonstrated ability in IT systems including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word/typing skills) and client management systems.
- Knowledge and experience of Victorian and NSW community health, primary care, welfare, and other relevant services/programs.
- Well-developed communication skills with the capability to prepare reports and correspondence in clear information in a manner appropriate to the purpose and audience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience within the community, health, welfare sector, or related field.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence or accepted International Drivers licence.
- Confirmation of your right to work in Australia, Satisfactory National/International Police, and Victorian Working with Children Checks must be provided prior to commencement.
- Working towards, or completion, of relevant post graduate study.