Love Trust Honesty Respect Concern
- Full-time (1.0 FTE), permanent.
- Based at Richmond.
- $61,383 - $66,979 per annum(neg), plus super
- 17.5% annual leave loading and generous salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per annum)
- Progressive Workplace Flexibility options that enable genuine work life balance
About Odyssey House Victoria:
Odyssey House Victoria (OHV) is a place of hope and positive change for individuals working towards breaking their pattern of addiction. At Odyssey House we believe that every person should have the opportunity to change and grow. Our diverse teams work with individuals, families, and communities to reduce alcohol and other drug (AOD) use, improve mental health, and reconnect people to their family and the community. OHV is a dynamic and fast-growing organisation committed to excellence in service provision and innovation in responding to alcohol and other drugs use problems.
About this role:
The Client Receptionist is responsible for generalist reception duties and administrative support associated with “front of house” reception activities. The key purpose of the position is to provide information, assistance and support to clients and potential clients seeking admission to OHV’s services. Clients include drug & alcohol users, family members and significant others, the general public, and other health professionals.
Key areas of focus:
- Undertake general reception duties which include but aren’t limited to
- Direct enquiries to the appropriate OHV service
- Accept and distribute deliveries
- Greet clients/visitors and notify relevant staff member of arrival
- Confirm and cancel appointments for clients
- Monitor incoming messages/faxes and forward/distribute accordingly.
- Oversee and maintain stationary supplies and amenities
- Open and close the downstairs reception and client area every morning and evening, as well as ensure the building is secured.
- Electronic filing of incoming client and staff paperwork.
- Provide non-clinical advice, assistance and/or referral to clients (and their family or significant others) seeking help for drug and/or alcohol use.
- Provide assistance with client information sessions including recording attendance and file notes.
- Serve as a Fire Warden for the Richmond Office.
A week in this role:
If you were here last week, you would have:
- Ensured the clients are welcomed and feel comfortable by setting up the coffee and tea station.
- Transferred incoming calls from clients and general public to the relevant clinician.
- Completed an inventory check of the stationary cupboard and replenished products accordingly.
- Maintained the general cleanliness of the office, including watering the office plants.
- Assembled the office Christmas tree.
Who WE are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced and organised Client Receptionist to support and ensure the smooth operation of our front of house.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Possess basic knowledge and understanding of office policy, reception procedures and general office duties.
- Be able to liaise and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Have excellent organizational skills and intermediate level of digital competency
- Have empathy for those whose lives have been affected by problematic alcohol and other drug use/ and or mental health disorders.
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance and application of inclusive practice when working with people from diverse communities, such as cultures, genders, sexualities, bodies, abilities, spiritualities, ages and backgrounds
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance and application of intersectionality when working with people from all cultures, genders, sexualities, bodies, abilities, spiritualities, ages and backgrounds
What we can give YOU!
In return we are committed to offering you an inclusive and transparent workplace culture where our people can develop to be their very best by:
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Providing work that is meaningful and challenging, with career development opportunities through project and secondment opportunities and succession planning
- Access to 24/7 counselling through our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP)
- Generous leave options such as 48/52 Purchase Leave, Study Leave and Sabbaticals
- Flexible working arrangements such as monthly RDO’s for full-timers (arrangements will vary based on role requirements).
Our commitment to diversity
At OHV we value diversity and believe that a range of backgrounds brings a variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences that will enhance our effectiveness. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions by encouraging people with disability, Aboriginal Australians, LGBTQIA, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Please apply directly via our careers website (applications via external recruitment websites or via email will not be considered)
Applications should be addressed to Ingrid Gregory, Human Resources Manager and include your CV and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.
If you have any questions relating to the position, please contact Ingrid Gregory on 0424 697 724 or email@example.com.
We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis and suitable candidates will be shortlisted immediately. This role will close once a suitable candidate has been selected, so please don’t wait to apply!
OHV is committed to child safety and is a child safe organisation. All OHV employees must undergo Police Records and Working with Children Checks. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible for employment with us.
Mandatory COVID vaccinations
In line with recent Victorian Government mandatory vaccination requirements for the health industry, and OHV's Mandatory Vaccination Policy, all Odyssey House Victoria staff are required to hold full vaccination status, and effective as of 1 March 2022 also have received the Booster Vaccination. Evidence of such vaccination status will be requested during the onboarding process and offers will be rescinded where such evidence cannot be provided.
All Odyssey House Victoria sites are smoke free for all employees