- Immediate Start!!
- Work with Melbourne's most progressive housing and homelessness organisation
- Great Southbank location, close to public transportation, shops and cafes
- Part-time (0.9 FTE), Fixed-Term (through to Dec 2019)
- $69,065 + Super
- Additional Wellbeing Leave and Salary Packaging Benefits
- Flexible working environment!
Launch Housing has an ambitious and singular mission to end homelessness. We aim to get people housed, keep them housed, and be an influential voice on ending homelessness. We are a secular, independent provider of choice for clients and the ‘go to' organisation on homelessness for government, media, philanthropy, private donors and the community.
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled Case Manager with sound knowledge and experience to join the dedicated Alcohol and Other Drugs (AoD) team at our Southbank site. Launch Housing Southbank is a 51 bed crisis accommodation service, providing support to people onsite and in the community who are experiencing homelessness. Southbank is a fast-paced workplace, aiming to achieve positive housing and life outcomes for our clients.
As an AoD Case Manager, you will provide episodes of care for clients experiencing addiction or dependence; ranging from brief-intervention sessions, right through to ongoing case management. You will also be responsible for providing education sessions to both clients and staff of Launch Housing, contributing to the operation of a world-class harm-reduction programme.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrated experience working with people using alcohol and other drugs with a commitment to harm reduction practices
- Ability to facilitate groups and work with individuals presenting with complex needs and histories
- Comprehensive understanding of the theoretical and practical approaches of harm-minimisation
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a large multi-disciplinary team
Don't miss out on this rare opportunity to join one of the most exciting teams in the AoD sector and make a significant impact on our client's lives!
We courage people with a Lived Experience of AOD to apply
To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the 'How to Apply' instructions. Please include a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria of the position description to be considered.
Enquiries regarding this role can be directed to Elliott McMahon on 03 96994566To apply for this job go to: www.launchhousing.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4879934. Applications close 23 October 2019 at 10pm
Key Selection Criteria
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to complete a Working with Children check and Police check. Launch Housing is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.