Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery
Since 1984, Windana has helped thousands of people recover from the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol and make meaningful change to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
To learn more about us visit https://windana.org.au/
The Therapeutic Community (TC) residents rehabilitate by exploring their own life experiences and learning from the experience and insights of others. In education, therapy, and work groups which form the basis of the daily routine everyone has an opportunity to explore new ways of experiencing life. The TC is all about change and growth in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Barwon TC is a purpose-built facility which will commence operation in July 2021
Directly accountable to the Executive Director - Rehabilitation Services, the Therapeutic Community Manager will assist in the establishment of this new residential rehabilitation program in Corio. The position is responsible for the day to day operations of the Therapeutic Community. The Therapeutic Community Manager will provide leadership, clinical expertise, supervision and support to the staff and ensure high quality care to residents.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL HAVE:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Nursing, Social Work, Psychology or similar
- Qualifications in AOD and/or mental health or commitment to work towards AOD core competencies within the first six months of employment
- Experience in the management or leadership of a team preferably in a residential setting
- Demonstrated experience working in the drug and alcohol field including knowledge of problematic alcohol and other drug use and co-morbidity with mental health issues
- Understanding of the Victorian Alcohol and Drug sector
- Experience and confidence in Group Work
- Demonstrated experience of successfully working with a range of community services including, but not limited to, other NGO’s, police, and local council
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
We are committed to child safety and are a Child Safe organisation. A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position, and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. A current Victorian Driver’s license is essential for this role
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal Australians, LGBTQIA, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
If you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org