The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest providers of alcohol and other drug services. We offer a range of services including Harm Reduction and Primary Health Services as well as a range of treatment types (including residential treatment centres, community-based support programs, counselling and withdrawal management services). We work to a modern, evidence based and holistic Model of Care which can be viewed here: https://www.salvationarmy.org.au/scribe/sites/auesalvos/files/need-help/AOD_National_Model_of_Care.pdf
The Goulburn Valley Alcohol & Drugs Service (GVADS), is based in the West Hume region of Victoria, and provides a range of range of services to support consumers and their families who are affected by drugs and alcohol. GVADS prides itself on delivering client-centred care and aims to enhance the patient experience through improved service access, meeting growth in demand, implementing innovative service models and ensuring workforce flexibility.
The service is delivered by an integrated team from three consortium partners: Goulburn Valley (GV) Health, Odyssey House Victoria and The Salvation Army Australia. Programs offered include assessment, counselling and care & recovery, therapeutic day rehabilitation and withdrawal and addiction medicine services. These programs are divided into two streams: Health and Community.
We are currently have an exciting opportunity for a values-driven and proactive AOD Team Manager, reporting to the AOD Regional Manager North. This position will be instrumental in providing oversight of the Community Stream of Goulburn Valley Alcohol & Drugs Service (GVADS) across the Salvation Army Shepparton & Seymour Sites.
You will successfully
- Be First point of contact for GVADS community staff
- Assist with delivery and management of client complexity
- Facilitate GVADS community team meetings
- Oversee engagement with GV medical, ensure staff are connected and feel connected to broader team
- Foster positive supportive culture, address issues as they arise to ensure staff feel heard and treated with dignity and respect
- Communicate with employing agency in a timely manner regarding any issues that arise
- Manage critical incidents via GVH risk management system alert GVH manager and TSA regional manager
- Periodically review case notes/ data entry in READIcase to ensure data quality
The successful applicant will provide high level evidence-based, therapeutic services to AOD clients and their families on an individual and group basis in the Greater Shepparton Region and Seymour.
This is a permanent full time position, 38 hours per week, with flexible arrangements via negotiation.
What we offer
- NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Flexible working conditions
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
The Salvation Army Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- people with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
Key Selection Criteria
You will have
- Bachelor of Human Services, Master of Social Work
- Diploma in Health or Community Services.
- AOD skill set or willing to obtain within 12 months
- Relevant experience in a social service environment
- Forensic Fundamentals
- Current VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia