Gateway Health and Odyssey House Victoria are excited to be partnering in the roll out of a new 24/7 Alcohol and Other Drugs Residential Rehabilitation Service that will be based in Wangaratta supporting our Community and existing Services in our region.
As such, we will be recruiting to various positions between June through to September for this exciting development.
- Wangaratta Based NEW Residential Rehabilitation Service
- Provides clinical oversight to the Therapeutic Community
- SCHADS Level 5 plus super, plus salary packaging
- Assistance with relocation costs for the right candidate
This role performs duties of a specialised nature based on acquired expertise in the field. Supporting the effective operations of the Therapeutic Community (TC) from client admission to residency and graduation, the Senior Practitioner provides clinical oversight ensuring the clinical and administrative functions pertaining to this process are carried out effectively.
The key purposes of this position include providing senior leadership alongside the Program Manager and Treatment House Administrator for the facility and also providing clinical direction, expertise, supervision and support to the staff and ensuring high quality care to residents. The role is pivotal in the implementation of programs and standards that promote Therapeutic Community values amongst the staff group, residents and their families.
Gateway Health is a not-for-profit Company limited by guarantee and a registered Community Health Service under the Health Services Act 1988 (Vic).
Vision: People living well
Our Mission: Gateway Health provides primary health care & support to all in our community & focuses on providing services to those with the highest risk of poor health.
Our Values: We care – We work together – We achieve – We learn – We Innovate
Our Principles: We advocate for fair and equitable access to health care and wellbeing services for all.
We respect the strength of individuals and the community, and their capacity to recover from adversity.
We recognize the importance of adaptability and responsiveness to enable us to deliver on our commitment to the community.
We actively listen and work alongside the community and each other to design and deliver better solutions.
We believe a learning culture is critical to enhancing the wellbeing of staff, clients and the community.
We contribute to creation of a connected and integrated health and community care system to achieve the best outcomes for our clients and community.
Gateway Health strives for an achievement culture that encourages innovation and initiative. We build and foster strengths-based programs that focus on support and recovery. Our staff are our greatest asset.
The organisation employs over 380 staff providing a range of primary health and community services across the Ovens Murray region in North East Victoria and parts of Southern New South Wales. Gateway Health serves all people, and is committed to improving individual and population health outcomes. We will do this by providing health care and support to individuals and communities in times of need, and by actively working with our partners to address the social and environmental determinants of health. Services are delivered through a mix of centre-based services in Wodonga, Wangaratta and Myrtleford, and outreach to rural communities across the region.
Please go to www.gatewayhealth.org.au to review the Application Process and full position details including Position Description.
Applications must address the selection criteria and have two referees who are the applicants previous or current managers.
Your application must include:
- Cover Letter
- Address the Selection Criteria provided in the Position Description
- Proof of Current Victorian Working with Children clearance
- Employment Disclosure Application Form (located on our gateway website)
Please forward your application, resume and selection criteria responses to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person for enquiries is Danny Baxter on 0448 903 486
Applications close Sunday 26th September 2021
Gateway Health is a child safe organisation. Gateway Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gateway Health is currently working towards achieving Rainbow Tick accreditation. Gateway Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Key Selection Criteria
- Ability to behave in accordance to the Gateway Health Values of We Care, We work together, We achieve, We learn, We innovate.
- Tertiary qualifications such as a degree in health, welfare, behavioural or social sciences with experience of alcohol and drug substance abuse and an understanding of residential rehabilitation services.
- Certificate IV in AOD or equivalent, or willingness to undertake within the first 12 months of employment.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing and/or supervising staff, and the ability to effectively lead, coach and manage a team to achieve best quality service outcomes in a changing service environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, provide leadership and be open to giving and receiving feedback, and recognise and resolve interpersonal conflict.
- An understanding of issues relevant to people with co-occurring mental illness and substance use problems, and knowledge of or experience in working with high risk, marginalised or difficult to engage young people and adults.
- High level interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and negotiation skills, and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a range of partner agencies and funding bodies.
- An understanding of and commitment to consumer participation at all levels of program planning and service delivery.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence or accepted International Drivers licence
- Confirmation of your right to work in Australia, Satisfactory National/International Police and Victorian Working with Children Checks must be provided prior to commencement.