The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest providers of alcohol and other drug services. We offer a range of services including Harm Reduction and Primary Health Services as well as a range of treatment types (including residential treatment centres, community-based support programs, counselling and withdrawal management services). We work to a modern, evidence based and holistic Model of Care which can be viewed here: https://www.salvationarmy.org.au/scribe/sites/auesalvos/files/need-help/AOD_National_Model_of_Care.pdf
Northern Victoria Alcohol and Other Drugs Services (NVAODS) is a network of programs and related services which aim to support complex clients experiencing a range of issues with Alcohol and other Drugs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a values-driven and proactive AOD Practitioner, reporting to the Team Leader at Northern Victoria Alcohol and Other Drug Services (NVAODS) Loddon and Mallee Region. This position is instrumental in providing counselling, liaison, support, case management and a range of interventions to assist in improving the health & wellbeing of individuals, family members and significant others experiencing alcohol and other drug-related harms.
This is a full-time fixed-term position for 6 months located in Mildura however travel may be required within the region.
If potential relocation is required for the successful candidate, we can offer up to 1 month’s accommodation to be funded by The Salvation Army (if required) to support this.
You will successfully
- Provide evidence-based interventions are delivered in line with client centred treatment that aligns with AOD training and qualifications according to the complexity of the client and family needs within a recovery framework
- Implement individual treatment plans with active client participation
- Assist clients to access support services and establish community supports, and where needed are assisted through advocacy with service providers
- Strong and effective relationships are built with clients and their families
- Complete accurate, up to date client records and data
- Assist with the service delivery of other NVAODS Programs
What we offer
- NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax-free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
The Salvation Army Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- people with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
George Mudford at email@example.com
Key Selection Criteria
You will have
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work or related discipline
- Minimum qualification Diploma Community Services
- Relevant experience in a social service environment
- AOD Skillset or willingness to undertake within the first 12 months of commencing employment
- A current and valid VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia