The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army is one of the world's largest Christian social welfare organisations. Currently we have more than 8,500 active officers and staff delivering in excess of 1000 specifically designed social programs across Australia. The Salvation Army helps more than 1 million Australians every year – that's one person every 30 seconds!
The Bridge Programme is a live-in 16 week recovery program for men and women with an alcohol and/or drug addiction who are seeking significant and lasting change. The Salvation Army auspices The Bridge Program, supported by a caring and professional staff who uphold the ideals and values of The Salvation Army in their work.
A combination of individual case management and support, group work, life skills, self-awareness, spiritual awareness and staff role modelling are used to encourage participants to make significant life changes. The possibility of a transformed life is fundamental to our philosophy.
Services are available to both voluntary clients and clients who are required (mandated) to undertake rehabilitation by Courts or Corrections.
The facility is located in The Basin at the foot of the Dandenong’s and accommodates up to 40 clients within its 130+ acre rural setting. For more information about The Bridge Programme please visit www.salvationarmy.org.au/need-help/addiction-rehabilitation/how-our-rehabilitation-services-work/
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of an integral AOD team.
This position develops and executes Care Plans with participants of the program through both individual and group based AOD interventions
The position is based at The Basin.
Hours and Award/Salary Level
This is a full time position, 38 hours per week ongoing. Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Social Stream, Level 5.
What we can offer you?
- Generous salary packaging options (full and part time positions only)
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
How to apply
For a copy of the Position Description please click on the attachment.
Applications will include a cover letter responding to the job competencies and a current CV and submit to email@example.com, quoting the applicable reference number SM014.
Closing date: 24 May 2019
The Salvation Army is a Child Safe Organisation. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check.
All applicants will also be required to undertake a mandatory National Police Check.
Key Selection Criteria
What you can bring
- Undergraduate studies in AOD or related field with Core AOD units
- Undergraduate studies in Mental Health with experience in Mental Health an advantage
- High level of understanding of AOD approaches and theories with application skills
- Substantial experience with the development and delivery of care plans with clients
- Ability to facilitate quality group sessions
- Current CPR and First Aid certificate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to liaise with stakeholders across all levels
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence is essential
- Be able to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia