Are you passionate about supporting your community?
About the role
We are seeking a dedicated AOD Practitioner! You will provide support to individuals experiencing problematic substance use to promote recovery utilising a case management model of service delivery and contemporary evidence-based practice. Additionally, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals to ensure the delivery of high-quality services for people seeking AOD support.
- Embed case management practices, including assessment to ensure practices are client focused and reflective of contemporary theory
- Utilise screening and assessment tools to screen for co-occuring problems and facilitate referrals to specialised services
- Utilise AOD interventions such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to assist participants in developing strategies to address problematic substance use
- Provide holistic coordinated care approach to service delivery through networking with external services to achieve improved outcomes for participants
- Client goals developed and regularly monitored to provide feedback to the client on achievements
- Facilitate bio-psycho-social education groups that are aligned with the national model of care
This is a fixed term full-time position, for 12 months, based in Bendigo, VIC. Salary and conditions are in accordance with SCHADS Level 5 Award.
You will have
- Degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Addiction Counselling or related discipline
- Certificate IV (or equivalent) in the application of AOD interventions or the four competencies required to work within the AOD Sector
- A valid Employee Working with Children's Check
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
Benefits of working at The Salvation Army
- We offer our eligible employees NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- Flexible working conditions
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
- Generous Parental Leave offering of 12 weeks
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to support a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured. Do not delay in submitting your application today!