The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest providers of alcohol and other drug services. We offer a range of services including Harm Reduction and Primary Health Services as well as a range of treatment types (including residential treatment centres, community-based support programs, counselling and withdrawal management services). We work to a modern, evidence based and holistic Model of Care which can be viewed here: https://www.salvationarmy.org.au/scribe/sites/auesalvos/files/need-help/AOD_National_Model_of_Care.pdf
We have an exciting opportunity for a values-driven and proactive AOD Practitioner to provide counselling, support, liaison, case management and a range of interventions to assist in improving the health and wellbeing for individuals, family members and significant others residing in the Inner North and Northwest Catchments who are experiencing problematic substance use.
You will successfully
- Deliver up-to-date service and referral pathway information to all service providers
- Support family and significant others to assist clients through treatment using family inclusive interventions as per Program protocols.
- Provide assertive referrals
- Deliver evidence-based interventions in line with client centred treatment
- Provide case management support to clients
- Assist clients with access to support services and establish community supports, and where needed, assist through advocacy with service providers
- Monitor and review progress and outcomes of individual treatment plans
- Build strong and effective relationships with clients and their families
- Maintain accurate, up to date client records and data for all clients
You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals based in Sunshine to ensure the delivery of high-quality services for people seeking AOD support.
This is a permanent full-time position.
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
What we offer
- As a registered not for profit organisation, you may be eligible for generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
Sanika Bendre at email@example.com
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
The Salvation Army has a mandatory vaccination procedure to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our community and works in areas covered by Public Health Orders requiring vaccination. Please consider this requirement when applying to a position at The Salvation Army.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration
Key Selection Criteria
You will have
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work or related discipline
- Minimum qualification Diploma Community Services
- Relevant experience in a social service environment
- AOD Skillset or willingness to undertake within the first 12 months of commencing employment
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia