Why work for us
The MYAF program was established to support individuals and families from the Islamic Community who are experiencing alcohol and drug related issues. MYAF offers help with counselling, youth support, education programs, support groups and referrals to other support services.
MYAF is a federally-funded AOD initiative supporting the Islamic population of north-west metropolitan Melbourne to access drug treatment services. MYAF is funded through the North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network (NWMPHN), and comprises a partnership of Alcohol and Drug providers - Odyssey House Victoria (OHV), The Salvation Army, Self Help Addiction Resource Centre (SHARC) and Youth Support and Advocacy Service (YSAS).
Why this role matters
We currently have a vacancy for a values driven AOD Nurse to provide clinical support to the GP and clients of Muslim Youth, Adult and Family Program at MyCentre Support Services.
This role will:
- Provide and a range of interventions to assist in improving the health & wellbeing for individuals, family members and significant others residing in the Inner North and Northwest Catchments who are experiencing problematic substance use, including assessment, brief intervention and bridging support
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals based in Glenroy to ensure the delivery of high-quality services for people seeking AOD support.
- Provide and facilitate access for the person to appropriate alcohol and other drug treatment options
This is a full time, fixed term position for 12 months. Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Nurses Award 2020 Level 2 plus an over award payment.
As an AOD Nurse at the Salvos, you will enjoy:
- (Maybe eligible to) NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- Flexible working conditions
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You will be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
Position Description and Enquiries Only
Alex Reynolds at email@example.com
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured. Do not delay in submitting your application today!
Key Selection Criteria
What we’re looking for
- DIV 1 RN with current APHRA registration. Maintains CPD points as required by AHPRA
- Experience and competency in delivering accessible Primary Health Care, AOD and Harm Reduction Services
- Knowledge of contemporary standards and evidence-based practice in AOD practice and interventions
- Knowledge of AOD pharmacotherapy principles and practice
- Experience in screening, assessment, and management in an AOD context
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills with capacity to balance workload and determine priorities while also addressing the needs of a high volume, often crisis orientated environment
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia