- Permanent, Full Time with Monthly ADO
- Box Hill location (close to public transport)
- Option to work from home with on-going professional development opportunities available
Turning Point & Eastern Health
Turning Point is a national treatment, research and education centre that provides leadership in the alcohol and drug, gambling and mental health sectors in Victoria and beyond. Combining innovative research in the clinical, population health and policy fields, with service innovation, surveillance, system enhancements, capacity building and specialist support, Turning Point assists services, communities and the Victorian government to respond to current and emerging alcohol and drug and gambling issues.
Turning Point is part of Eastern Health, the largest public health provider in the eastern suburbs, providing a comprehensive range of high quality acute, sub-acute, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care and community health services.
About the role
An opportunity exists for an appropriately qualified and experienced AOD counsellor to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to provide evidence-based counselling interventions to general public experiencing problematic substance use. The role will work within a harm reduction and trauma-informed framework, using a range of approaches, including but not limited to; brief interventions, individual counselling, group work, and collaborative individual treatment planning. The position will have an option to work both from home as well as operating from our Carrington Road, Box Hill site.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Qualifications in counselling
- Certificate IV in AOD studies
- Highly developed interpersonal and leadership experience
- A strong commitment to high quality care
- The ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. An offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19 with booster & Influenza, prior to commencing employment.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
- Applications will be screened upon receipt
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health is a child safe organisation, committed to promoting the wellbeing and cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children with disabilities and all children in their diversity.
Eastern Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that welcomes and values all people. We recognise that diversity is essential in ensuring Eastern Health provides the best service to its consumers.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, those from the LGBTIQ+ community, people living with disability and those from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, are strongly encouraged to apply. Those seeking support in submitting an application are welcome to contact the hiring manger listed or feel free to contact the Talent Acquisition team.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**