We are a local, not-for-profit community health service, who has been caring for people in the Yarra Ranges for over 26 years. ‘Inspiring healthier lives’ is our vision and drives the way we provide friendly, client centred allied health, counselling, dental and health promotion services to our local community.
Inspiro exists to inspire healthier lives; we are committed to enhancing and improving the health and wellbeing of people within our local communities and we do this for residents in the Yarra Ranges, through responsive, affordable, accessible and high-quality health care.
Do you connect with our values of friendliness, client centred and local? Would you like to work in a collaborative team culture where you are valued, and appreciated?
To learn more about Inspiro see our website https://www.inspiro.org.au
About the role
We are seeking a passionate, suitably qualified and experienced Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Counsellor, to provide counselling and support services to people with alcohol and other drug problems in the Yarra Ranges Community, supporting them on their pathway to recovery.
This is a full-time or part-time position, on a fixed-term basis until June 2022, with a possibility to extend further based on funding. The position will be based at our Lilydale site with some work from our Belgrave location.
As part of a team and using best practice principles, the position will provide assessment, risk analysis, treatment, family inclusive practice and referral to support services for individuals. This includes a combination of direct therapeutic clinical work, assessments and individual treatment planning, secondary consultation and training support. The successful applicant will be required to work collaboratively with other health and welfare service providers to enhance outcomes for the clients and their families.
The position aims to provide evidence based, high quality, safe, patient/client centred care that meets current professional best practice standards.
Inspiro has as a principle part of its philosophy an emphasis on illness prevention, early intervention and health promotion. To enable this, the role will work cooperatively within a team of dedicated professionals, to provide high quality, comprehensive and multi-disciplinary health services.
Clinical Service Delivery
In this role you will:
- Provide high quality engagement, treatment and support services to individuals and their families, using best practice principles.
- Case manage and provide counselling interventions to complex clients, facilitate, coordinate and support clients throughout the life cycle of their treatment and recovery plan.
- Provide flexible Care and Recovery service coordination and support to clients and family members.
- Build strong and effective relationships with clients and their families, creating positive expectations and confidence in treatment.
- Source and facilitate access to support networks, aftercare and self-help groups and community activities, and assist clients to build these networks
- Provide and facilitate a range of support and intervention programs for families and carers, including engaging them in individual client AOD treatment.
- Consider the needs of and identify any risks to vulnerable children, working with families to develop safety plans and facilitating referrals to partner Child First and Family service agents when indicated.
- Undertake facilitation of group work programs established to support all clients.
- Participate in Inspiro’s continual quality improvement program including the development of new practice models and community development approaches.
Key Selection Criterion
Qualifications, knowledge & experience
- Diploma of AOD preferred, but minimum requirement is Certificate IV in AOD working towards Diploma qualification
- A demonstrated understanding of current Australian alcohol and drug treatment philosophy of “harm minimisation” is essential.
- A minimum of three years experience in the provision of counselling services with AOD clients with complex needs, including clients within the criminal justice system.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate treatment plans and implement interventions with clients / families, addressing their range of alcohol and/or other drug use issues, including clients with complex psychosocial needs.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Capacity to develop collaborative and productive working relationships with internal and external service providers and stakeholders.
- Capacity to maintain up to date file records and data collection processes as required.
- Current Working with Children Check valid for employment purposes.
Why work for us?
- Attractive remuneration Generous salary and benefits
- Employee incentives Subsidized on-site Pilate classes, Volunteer leave available, annual scholarships and novated leasing and more!
- Great team culture We have a flexible, family-friendly and outcome-focused culture. We also have an Employee Reward and Recognition Program.
- Professional development Individualised supervision and professional development coaching.
- Onsite car parking.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for please apply via our advertisement on Seek by clicking the ‘Apply for this job’ button, including a brief cover letter explaining your interest in the role and an updated resume.
Inspiro values diversity and encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and from culturally linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Closing date Friday 13 August - please note shortlisting and interviewing will commence as applications are received.
If you have any enquiries or to request a detailed Position Description please contact the HR team, email@example.com