- Part-time 0.8 EFT, ongoing
- based at cohealth sites in DHHS's Inner North catchment
- Not for Profit 'Salary Sacrificing' benefits on top of your salary, which can significantly increase your take home pay.
We are looking for an AOD Counsellor, to work with clients to provide behaviour changing interventions, as well as assisting people with healthier lifestyles, free from alcohol and/or drug use.
Benefits & culture
We believe in developing our people to assist in driving continuous improvement within the organisation. At the same time, we are dedicated to creating a working culture where staff members can flourish. We work hard to ensure that all our positions are challenging and rewarding, where you can utilise and further develop your skills to truly make a difference.
The AOD Response Team aims to improve the health and wellbeing of people who use drugs in the Northern and Western suburbs of Melbourne. We collaborate to offer a holistic, social model of health care with the aim of addressing health inequities experienced by people who use drugs. Our service operates as a multidisciplinary team that values personal, professional and academic experience. We work together, support each other, engage in reflective practice and are accountable to service users via regular consultative conversations with service users. Aimed at ensuring service users are involved in evaluating and designing service offerings, that are appropriate to and which meet their stated needs.
This position provides crucial response to the psycho-social/mental health needs of clients who have issues related to drug use. The key features of the role include:
- Completing comprehensive AOD Assessments with clients using the DHHS standardised assessment tool;
- The delivery of robust, evidence-based and therapeutic interventions for individual, group and family counselling;
- Providing crisis intervention management for complex clients;
- Follow up contact with clients at 3 and 12 months post treatment to track progress and support re-engagement with AOD treatment services, or other supports; and
- Support the planning, development and facilitation of group work and health promotion activities that address client needs as required.
We are seeking self-motivated and friendly individuals with:
- Minimum of two years demonstrated experience in the provision of a high standard of client-centred, evidence-based short to medium term counselling for the target population;
- Ability to complete AOD assessments with clients;
- Demonstrated experience working in the Drug & Alcohol sector, or in working effectively with people with Drug & Alcohol issues;
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, Harm Minimisation principles;
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills; and
- Experience working with, and an awareness of the issues that affect, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people from marginalised communities desirable.
If you're a hard-working, reliable individual who enjoys interacting with the community and genuinely making a difference, please apply.
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the Community Health Centre (Stand Alone Services) Social and Community Service Employees Multi Enterprise Agreement 2013 - 2015, Social Worker Class 2 Year 3 (SCHADS Level 5)
To be considered for the role, your required to provide a CV demonstrating your skills and experience relevant to the position description, along with a cover letter that answers these questions:
- What skills and experience do you bring to this role? (Suggested word limit: 300 words)
- What experience do you have of working with vulnerable communities? (Suggested word limit: 200 words)
- What experience do you have working in a target-led system? (Suggested word limit: 200 words)
Applications close on 21st November @ 10.00pm
Interview will be conducted on Monday 26th November
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)
To apply for this job go to: www.cohealthcareers.org.au/Jobs/ & enter ref code: 4449830. Internal Reference P0151