AOD Care and Recovery Coordinator
(Inner Melbourne, Fixed Term – Full Time)
Enjoy the benefits of working with a growing organisation offering career development, flexibility and an attractive annual salary package (including leave loading and superannuation).
Reconstructing Life After Dependency (RLAD) is a step-down program designed to support clients to maintain a substance free lifestyle in the community and establish long-term stable housing. Based at Quin House (an 11 bed post-detox supported accommodation facility in Fitzroy), the AOD Care and Recovery Coordinator provide effective interventions to reduce AOD related harms, reconnect with family / significant others, establish community connections and independence.
The RLAD AOD Care and Recovery Coordinator assists clients in the development of an case plan focussing on recovery goals, health/wellbeing, community integration and social connectedness. The role also provides AOD Counselling and group work to complement the case plan development and promote behaviour change.
Working within a Recovery focused service model, the role will develop trusting, persistent and professional relationships with single adults who may present with multiple and complex support needs. These include: substance dependency, forensic histories, psychosocial support needs, high risk behaviours and homelessness.
VincentCare Victoria is an award winning organisation established to provide a range of accommodation and support services to people that are facing disadvantage throughout metropolitan and regional Victoria.
Our aspiration is to be the leader in providing care, hope and advocacy for those facing disadvantage. Our purpose is to create opportunities and lasting change for the most marginalised. VincentCare is well equipped to provide a continuum of services that effectively meet the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
Inner Melbourne Community Hub provides a range of accommodation and support services, including crisis accommodation, drug and alcohol case management, and adult outreach.
Working with VincentCare:
A key strategic priority is attracting and retaining skilled and committed employees aligned to our values. VincentCare has over three hundred dedicated, talented and enthusiastic staff working across a range of programs and services and offers a number of benefits including:
- Career Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging
- Choice of Superannuation fund
- Family friendly and flexibility
- Study leave
- The Ozanam Scholar Bursary
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to the principles of social justice and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or religion.
- A relevant tertiary qualification, and /or extensive experience (For example Bachelor Degree) (required)
- Certificate IV Community Services (AOD) or 4 core AOD competencies (required)
- Further qualifications in another discipline or specialist area (For example Graduate Diploma) (desired and preferred)
- Experience working in and knowledge of the Alcohol and Other Drug and community services sector.
- Knowledge and capacity to implement comprehensive AOD interventions
- Experience in assisting clients to achieve positive outcomes.
- Knowledge of and the capacity to apply relevant therapeutic frameworks.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and an ability to provide a high level case management response to people experiencing substance use issues, including the ability to access and integrate specialist supports as required.
- A broad understanding of relevant Primary and Allied Health services, Alcohol and other Drug Treatment services, Mental Health services, Employment, Education and Training options and affordable housing.
How to apply:
Applicants must submit their CV together with a detailed response to each of the key selection criteria in the position description which is available at https://hcm613.peoplestreme.net/vincentcare/erec_external.asp.
Please submit your application through our website at https://hcm613.peoplestreme.net/vincentcare/erec_external.asp.
Phone enquiries may be made to Michael Peacock, Team Leader Quin House and RLAD on 0418 179 699.
Applications close: 5.00pm Thursday 25th July 2019
VincentCare welcomes applications from people from diverse cultural & linguistic backgrounds including people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex, Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander.
All appointments within VincentCare Victoria are subject to satisfactory completion of a police check and character/performance reference checks. Police checks will be undertaken for the selected candidate prior to any job offer being confirmed. Police checks are also undertaken on a periodic basis during the period of employment.
All appointments are subject to disclosure of any relevant employment history of formal disciplinary action for improper or unprofessional conduct taken by current or previous employers or any other integrity body within or outside Australia.
The incumbent for this position must have and maintain a current Victorian Working with Children Check or equivalent.