The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest providers of alcohol and other drug services. We offer a range of services including Harm Reduction and Primary Health Services as well as a range of treatment types (including residential treatment centres, community-based support programs, counselling and withdrawal management services). We work to a modern, evidence based and holistic Model of Care which can be viewed here.
The Northern Victoria Alcohol & Other Drugs Services offers a range targeted interventions for people with substance use issues primarily based in the city of greater Bendigo with connections and reach across the Loddon Mallee region. Northern Victoria has a range of practice partnerships that strengthen the service delivery and look at holistic care for all clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for a AOD Assessment Practitioner to provide an entry point to Alcohol & Other Drugs (AOD) services for people with AOD issues who reside in the Loddon Mallee, through assessing client need, identifying treatment options and creating holistic treatment pathways.
You will successfully
- Provide interim support to clients who are awaiting assessment and treatment commencement
- Provide liaison, support and a range of interventions including case management to assist in improving the health & wellbeing for individuals, family members and significant others experiencing alcohol and other drug related harms to clients referred to Northern Victoria Alcohol and Other Drugs Services (NVAODS) within The Salvation Army
- Access to support networks, aftercare and self-help groups and community activities are facilitated to assist clients to build these networks
- Provide case management to clients
- Build strong and effective relationships with clients and their families
This position works in a team of Alcohol & Other Drugs Practitioners who are based across the Loddon Mallee region. Travel may be required within the Loddon Mallee to support the coverage of service delivery.
This is a full time position, 38 hours per week, to 31 December 2022.
What we offer
- As a registered not for profit organisation, you may be eligible for generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
Nelly Rees at firstname.lastname@example.org
TSA Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- people with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
Key Selection Criteria
You will have
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work or related discipline
- Minimum qualification Diploma Community Services
- Relevant experience in a social service environment
- AOD Skillset or willingness to undertake within the first 12 months of commencing employment
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- A current and valid VIC Employee Working with Children
- Be able to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.