- Ongoing position
- Full-time (40 hours per week with monthly accrued day off)
Gippsland Lakes Complete Health (GLCH) is a leading health and support service provider in the East Gippsland region with over 500 staff delivering a range of services to help our clients to live well.
The primary function of this role is to minimise the impact of AOD use in youth clients through comprehensive assessment, case management services and outreach support.
This will involve building relationships with local schools and services who work with young people and engaging young people in treatment. You will provide counselling, family consultation, facilitate referrals, provide AOD education and model appropriate behavior to support youth to make positive behavioral change.
The position also seeks to enhance young people’s:
- safety and stability in the young person’s environment;
- agency, connectedness and participation in activities related to social connection, education and employment
- identity by increasing understanding and acceptance of one’s self in the areas of culture, sexuality, gender and body; as well as their aspiration to find meaning and purpose in life
It is anticipated that a significant portion of the work will be completed as outreach to isolated communities in East Gippsland which have been significantly impacted by the 2019/20 Black Summer bushfires. Responsiveness to these issues and engagement with these communities will be a core feature of the role.
Minimum Diploma of Alcohol and other Drugs. Candidates with counselling, youth work or social work qualifications who are willing to complete the minimum AOD skillset are encouraged to apply. Click here for more information: Alcohol and other drug workforce Minimum Qualification Strategy - health.vic
In return for your skills and experience, we can offer you a range of benefits including:
- Competitive wages plus salary packaging. Salary packaging means you pay less tax which increases your take home pay.
- Options to purchase additional annual leave
- Professional development opportunities
- A large friendly and supportive team environment
- Great location in the East Gippsland region, offering beautiful beaches, lakes and an enviable outdoors lifestyle
For more information about the role, please visit https://glch.mercury.com.au/ to obtain a detailed position description.
To learn more about Gippsland Lakes Complete Health, go to glch.org.au
Applications close: Sunday, 20 June 2021
Key Selection Criteria
Please refer to the position description.