The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest providers of alcohol and other drug services. We offer a range of services including Harm Reduction and Primary Health Services as well as a range of treatment types (including residential treatment centres, community-based support programs, counselling and withdrawal management services). We work to a modern, evidence based and holistic Model of Care which can be viewed here: 1._AOD_Model_Of_Care_2021.pdf (salvationarmy.org.au) .
Why this role matters
We are seeking a values driven AOD Assessment Practitioner to provide an entry point to Alcohol & Other Drugs (AOD) services for people with AOD issues who reside in the Loddon Mallee, through assessing client need, identifying treatment options and creating holistic treatment pathways. This role will also:
- Provide interim support to clients who are awaiting assessment and treatment commencement
- Provide liaison, support and a range of interventions including case management to assist in improving the health & wellbeing for individuals, family members and significant others experiencing alcohol and other drug related harms to clients referred to Northern Victoria Alcohol and Other Drugs Services (NVAODS) within The Salvation Army
- Liaises with allied health and other health care professionals to obtain the necessary medical and other healthcare records.
- Family and significant others are supported to assist client through treatment using family inclusive interventions as per Program protocols.
- Evidence based interventions are delivered
- Case management support is provided to clients
- Strong and effective relationships are built with clients and their families, to assist client through treatment using family inclusive interventions
- Clients are assisted to build networks and post treatment support plans
This is a permanent full time position based in Bendigo. Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award, Level 5.
As an AOD Assessment and Practitioner at the Salvos you will enjoy:
- (Maybe eligible to) NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Generous Parental Leave offering of 12 weeks
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to support a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
Nelly Rees at email@example.com
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured. Do not delay in submitting your application today!
Key Selection Criteria
What we’re looking for
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work or related discipline
- Minimum qualification Diploma Community Services
- Relevant experience in a social service environment
- AOD Skillset or willingness to undertake within the first 12 months of commencing employment
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia