We are currently seeking a values-driven and proactive AOD Practitioner (Counsellor). The position is instrumental in providing counselling, support, liaison, case management and a range of interventions to assist in improving the health & wellbeing for individuals, family members and significant others residing in the Northern Victoria Alcohol and Other Drug Services (NVAODS).
This is a full-time position, maximum term to 31 December 2022.
You will successfully
- Provide AOD Counselling with the use of Evidence based interventions, delivered in line with client centred approach that aligns with AOD training and qualifications according to complexity of the client and family needs within a recovery framework
- Build strong and effective relationships with clients and their families, to assist client through treatment using family inclusive interventions
- Assist Clients to build networks and post treatment support plans that include personal networks, after care, self-help groups and community activities
- Assist Clients with access to support services and establish community supports, and where needed, assist through advocacy with service providers.
- Ongoing assessment is made of the client’s issues, needs and circumstances from initial intake to exit
- Maintain accurate, up to date client records and data for all clients
This position will work as part of an AOD team of professionals based in Bendigo to ensure the delivery of high-quality services for people seeking AOD support.
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
What we offer
- As a registered not for profit organisation, you may be eligible for generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
Matt Malouf at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Selection Criteria
You will have
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work or related discipline
- Minimum qualification Diploma Community Services
- Relevant experience in a social service environment
- AOD Skillset or willingness to undertake within the first 12 months of commencing employment
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia