- St Kilda location
- Generous Salary Packaging options available
- Part time position (0.8 – 0.9 EFT)
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
The AOD Counsellor works to reduce AOD related harms by conducting assessments and providing a range of counselling interventions that increase clients’ capacity to effectively manage the problems they are experiencing associated with AOD use and to promote recovery. This role will assist in the provision of skills to prevent relapse and support the acquisition of knowledge, skills and motivation to initiate change and improve quality of life.
- University qualifications in social work, psychology, counselling or nursing.
- Completion of Certificate IV (Four AOD Competencies for applicants with health related degrees) or Diploma in AOD and Mental Health or the capacity to complete studies whilst in employment.
- Appropriate training related to mental health or Dual Diagnosis or achievement of enrolment within 2 months of employment and subsequent completion.
- Training in family inclusive practice desirable.
Salary circa $76k plus super plus salary packaging.
To be considered, applications must address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description - please see the jobs page on our website
If you have any queries, please contact Irina Hart via email at Irina.Hart@windana.org.au
28th January 2019 at 5.00pm
Please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current CV.
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
Key Selection Criteria
Please see Position Description on our website: https://www.windana.org.au/jobs