Part Time 0.6 - 0.8 EFT, Fixed Term to 30th June 2023
- Are you seeking a change in direction in your Nursing career?
- We have an Alcohol and Other Drug Non-residential Withdrawal Nurse role that allows you to work in a community setting.
- You would be supported by an experienced and multi-disciplinary team that fits within an organisation that has a strong positive workplace culture.
- Experience in the Alcohol and Other Drug field is not essential as further training and mentoring is available.
- We offer a competitive salary with attractive salary packaging options.
We require a Nurse with an empathic and nonjudgmental approach who has a passion for working with a diverse client group.
The AOD NRW Nurse will work within a harm minimisation framework, providing treatment and pathways for clients utilising evidence-based treatment. This will include engagement, assessment, treatment planning, support and advocacy for clients. There will also be an opportunity to work with and support clients’ families and significant others, where appropriate.
This position provides specialist assessment for home-based withdrawal and residential withdrawal services and will be part of a multi-disciplinary team. The AOD NRW Nurse will need to work closely with other withdrawal services across the Grampians and Metro regions to ensure services are accessible and coordinated for clients.
What you will bring to the role:
- Knowledge and experience working with withdrawal clients with dependence on various substances is preferred
- Knowledge and experience of effective case management standards and practice
- A thorough understanding of and commitment to the social model of health
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients with co-occurring disorders including AOD, Mental Health and Acquired Brain Injury
- A broad knowledge of the health and welfare networks and referral pathway options across the region
- Knowledge of current alcohol and other drug interventions essential
Ballarat Community Health (BCH) provides a broad range of services to the community of Ballarat, with outreach services delivered in the Central Highlands region and beyond. In partnership with the community, we create opportunities and supportive environments which empower people to develop and maintain healthy lifestyles, as well as preventing and managing illness.
Position Description and Enquiries
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit https://bchc.org.au/careers/#vacancies
For further enquiries about this role please contact Suzanne Powell, Manager Alcohol & Other Drug Services on 03 5338 4500 or 0400 817 363.
If you share our values of respect, integrity, optimism, courage, resilience - don't delay. Be part of something special. Apply now.