Part Time - Full Time (0.8 - 1.0 EFT), Fixed Term Position until 30th June 2023
Do you want to be part of an innovative, flexible and responsive multi-disciplinary team committed to improving the health and wellbeing of the community?
The Ballarat Community Health (BCH) Alcohol & Other Drug (AOD) team provides a suite of therapeutic treatment services and programs. The AOD team values team work and is looking for an experienced and qualified person to work flexibly within the team to support and provide capacity within existing treatment services and programs.
This role will be the first point of contact to AOD treatment enquiries where you will ensure a non-judgemental approach when working with clients with complex, co-occurring disorders including AOD and Mental Health. You will undertake intake and assessments utilising sector tools and templates and manage and maintain referral processes.
There will be a range of opportunities to practice and develop your skills including intake, assessment, client and family support, group facilitation, report writing and health promotion activities.
You will work effectively with the BCH AOD team as well as the regional AOD team and new service providers to ensure effective two-way referral pathways.
You will have:
- Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs (or willingness to complete core competencies) and Mental Health or a relevant tertiary qualification such as Social Work or other tertiary degree in a related human services field
- Knowledge of and/or proven skills in assessment, treatment and case coordination
- Knowledge of current alcohol and other drug interventions
- Understanding of and ability to work with clients with co-morbidities
- Knowledge of the welfare and health networks in the Ballarat region
How to Apply
To access a copy of the Position Description and to Apply for the role please go to https://bchc.org.au/careers/#vacancies
For further enquiries about this role please contact Suzanne Powell, Manager Alcohol & Other Drug Services on 03 5338 4522 or 0400 817 363.
If you share our values of respect, integrity, optimism, courage, resilience - don't delay. Be part of something special. Apply now.
Applications close 25th January 2022