Why work for us
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest providers of alcohol and other drug services. We offer a range of services including Harm Reduction and Primary Health Services as well as a range of treatment types (including residential treatment centres, community-based support programs, counselling and withdrawal management services). We work to a modern, evidence based and holistic Model of Care which can be viewed here: 1._AOD_Model_Of_Care_2021.pdf (salvationarmy.org.au)
Why this role matters
We are seeking a values driven Aftercare Case Worker to provide comprehensive case management, counselling and outreach support to individuals and families in the Barwon region. Assist in improving the health & wellbeing of those experiencing AOD related harms.
The role you could play
- Respond to enquiries and referrals in a flexible and timely manner, as per AOD & MH Services Barwon protocols.
- Assess individuals (including forensic clients) utilising approved screening, assessment and risk assessment tools
- Include family and significant others in the process with client consent, using family inclusive interventions as per Program protocol.
- Deliver evidence based case management, interventions & counselling in line with AOD training and qualifications and in accordance with the National Model of Care.
- Provide outreach services and support to clients
- Develop Individual treatment plans in collaboration with the client
- Provide brief interventions including OD prevention.
- Facilitate groups at Geelong Withdrawal Unit and in the community
This position is full time fixed term for 12 months based in Geelong.
As a Aftercare Program Case Worker at the Salvos, you will enjoy:
- (Maybe eligible to) NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Generous Parental Leave offering of 12 weeks
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to support a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
Maree Lavecchia at Maree.Lavecchia@salvationarmy.org.au
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured. Do not delay in submitting your application today!
Key Selection Criteria
What we're looking for
- Minimum Diploma in AOD or a related health and community services Diploma with the 4 AOD core units
- Minimum 3 years experience within the AOD/Mental Health sector
- Experience in delivery of AOD/Mental Health client brief interventions and AOD Counselling and undertaking AOD Assessments
- Experience and resilience in working with complex AOD/Mental Health clients presenting with challenging behaviours
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia