Provide after hours support to participants with high quality mental health, psychosocial and recovery support.
- Full time
- Ability to work flexible hours (between 1pm-9pm weekdays and Saturday)
- Role available until June 2021
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, we’ve provided services in some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
About the program
Connexions seek to improve the quality of life of young people 16-28 years with concerns associated with mental illness and substance misuse.
Services include, flexible therapeutic counselling, assertive casework, risk assessment, advocacy, drug and alcohol interventions, information and referral.
The Western Psychosocial Support Service (WPSS) is a new initiative funded under the National Psychosocial Support (NPS) measure by the North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network (NWMPHN).
Jesuit Social Services have partnered with cohealth to deliver the Western Psycho-Social Support Program to people of any age living with severe mental illness and its impacts to achieve the best possible mental health and life outcomes through the delivery of specialised and individualised, time limited packages of psychosocial support reflective of their aspirations, goals and wellbeing priorities.
About the role
Jesuit Social Services seeks a qualified, experienced and enthusiastic individual in the role of After Hours Support Worker.
The successful applicant will have a well-developed understanding of working with individuals and families affected by mental illness, NDIS and the social service sector.
The afterhours (1pm-9pm week days and Saturdays) position are based in Sunshine with a component of the role provided in outreach settings.
Key Selection Criteria
This role will suit a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- An understanding of working with individuals and families affected by mental illness
- Sound knowledge and understanding of recovery models of care, psychosocial support, youth developmental frameworks, and evidence-based and interventions, including the Collaborative Recovery Model
- A sound therapeutic framework to guide and inform mental health assessments and interventions, including trauma informed and strengths based practice
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, youth work, psychology and/or relevant social sciences qualification are essential
A base salary of $69,200 per annum is offered, plus generous salary packaging, together with ongoing professional and career development.
What Jesuit Social Services can offer you:
- A comprehensive Induction and Orientation program
- Ongoing role related training and development
- An organisation that lives their values, through our day to day work
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Employee assistance program
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging benefits
- Generous leave
How to apply
To apply for this position and to download the position description, please visit our website, www.jss.org.au
For further information please contact Julia Carroll on 03 9415 8700 (Monday, Tuesday and Friday).
Applicants are required to respond to each of the Key Selection Criteria, with names and contact numbers of two referees. Your responses to the selection criteria should be incorporated into your covering letter. Please apply in confidence.
Applications close at 9am on Monday 24 February 2020.
Applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date and may be subject to change without notice.
Jesuit Social Services is a Child Safe organisation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing a family friendly working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.