- July 20, 2018
- Posted by: Caitlyn Wilson
- Category: ENEWS
Peninsula Health has the following employment opportunity available within the ResetLife Intensive Outpatient Support Program. This position sit within Peninsula Health’s AOD Program and is based at Frankston. For more information on this position, please contact Amy Salmon on 039748491.
• An exciting new program!
• On the job training and mentoring!
• Work life balance!
Peninsula Health currently has an opportunity for a Family Therapist to be a part of the new Intensive Alcohol and Other Drugs Outpatient Support Program.
This position sits within Peninsula Health’s (PH) Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Program and is based at Frankston.
The Family Therapist, will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to implement and deliver the intensive outpatient treatment service to individuals and their families experiencing complex and problematic alcohol and other drugs use
About the new program
We are the first in Victoria to be trailing the intensive AOD Outpatients Support Program. The program has been designed to provide support and care to substance users and their families using an integrated approach (e.g Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), and psychoeducation) via group facilitation treatment modalities for up to 16 weeks to lead to a more sustainable recovery.
The program will be delivered by a team that will consists of 5 passionate, committed members, including a Peer Worker. The Team will be well supported and mentored and all team members will be provided with additional training.
- Active engagement with clients and family members to build cohesive relationships and ensure family participation.
- Facilitation of family education groups with all clients on caseload
- Facilitation of social support groups during intensive treatment and supervision of social support groups during continuing care.
- Conducting active follow-up with clients who do not attend treatment to ensure ongoing program engagement.
- Identify and up-skill peer mentors completing the IOP program.
- Are you a qualified Social Worker, Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Registered Nuse or Counsellor?
- Do you hold a Certificate IV in AOD or have you completed the required competencies?
- Do you hold or are you willing to obtain a Current Working with Children Check?
- Do you have extensive experience in the delivery of clinical interventions (CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Motivational Enhancement Therapy, etc) with people and families experiencing complex alcohol and other drugs use.?
- Are you skilled in family systems?
- Are you able to facilitate group sessions?
- Do you have advanced knowledge of the physiology of addiction?
What we can offer you
- Be a part of an exciting new program
- Monday to Friday (some out of hour’s may be required with advance notice)
- Opportunity to make your mark on the local community
- Competitive pay rate
- On the job training
- Opportunity to develop your career
- Work in close partnership with our funding bodies
- Salary Packaging – ability to access $9000 of your annual salary tax free every year, this means you are charged less tax and receive more money for you every pay!
- Access to Staff benefits such as salary packaging, the Employee Assistance Program and our extensive Workplace Wellbeing program, which includes a broad range of discounts and special offers
- The opportunity to join a progressive and innovative hospital
- Work on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, only 45 minutes from Melbourne CBD
To see the position description and apply for this position please visit https://peninsula.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?Id=4R4QbyBcgrg=&k=family&C=0&L=0&I=2&J=0&P=0&S=&jbc=ere