- June 29, 2018
- Posted by: Chris McDonnell
- Category: Uncategorised
Posted to ENEWS for Andrew O’Sullivan on behalf of NorthWestern Mental Health.
Are you working in the alcohol and drug sector as a skilled and experienced qualified Nurse or Allied Health Professional? Are you a good communicator? Then this exciting career opportunity might be for you.
We have a full time senior role in our workforce development team that will involve:
- Designing, delivering and evaluating professional development of Mental Health staff from across North Western Metro Melbourne.
- Working in a highly supportive team with autonomy and with extensive access to professional development.
- Based in convenient Parkville location.
If this sounds like a good fit for you please give us a call or click on the link below to apply.
Mental Health Clinician – Training and Development
|Position Title:||Mental Health Clinician – Training and Development|
|Portfolio/Service:||NorthWestern Mental Health|
|Location:||Royal Park Campus|
|Reports to:||Program Coordinator, MHTDU|
|Award:||Victorian Public Mental Health Services Enterprise Agreement|
|Victorian public health sector (Medical Scientists, Pharmacists and psychologists) single interest Enterprise agreement|
|Classification:||RPN5; OT3; SW3; P3
- Support our workforce through learning and practice development
- Make a difference – support us to be First in Learning
Life with us:
The NMWH Education and Workforce precinct, situated at Royal Park Campus, includes the Mental Health Training and Development Unit (MHTDU), Nursing and Allied Health Entry Level and Transition Programs, and Management of Clinical Aggression program. We are dedicated to providing support for staff through the delivery and facilitation of high quality, engaging learning programs and activities. The MHTDU services all NWMH clinical sites – there is no shortage of variety and opportunity. We look after each other, thrive on ideas, and strive for excellence in teaching, learning and workforce support.
A Role to Be Proud Of:
- Co-ordinate and/or contribute to activities and programs that address relevant workforce development needs
- Dual Diagnosis key portfolio. Focusing on Co-occurring alcohol and other drugs and mental health professional development for clinical mental health staff.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of evidenced based training activities to address identified gaps in existing training and professional development programs
- Liaise with NWMH clinical experts for the development of best practice workshop material
- Registration with the relevant regulatory body for the clinical discipline(s) or equivalent credentials
- Postgraduate qualification(s) relevant to workforce education
- Demonstrated substantial experience in the application of clinical practice in the fields of mental health or alcohol and other drugs
- Knowledge and skills applicable to the relevant learning and practice development portfolio (Dual Diagnosis)
- Experienced in the development, implementation and evaluation of a broad range of individual and group professional development activities.
- Skilled in supervision, conducting training sessions and facilitating groups
- Familiarity with the use of video conference, webinar and other multimedia technologies as an aid to learning is an advantage
For enquiries Please contact: Andrew O’Sullivan on 0409 557 867 or Greg Miller on 0438 704 993.
To Apply click on the link:
Closing Date: 15th July 2018.