Conference 2023 – General Information
I'm a presenter at the conference - do I get a discount?
As with most conferences, presenters are expected to purchase tickets to attend. Early bird discounts are offered to VAADA members and non-members for both two-day and one-day tickets. For more information on tickets see our ticketing policy.
- All communication with registered delegates will be by email. Upon registering, you will receive a confirmation email from Eventbrite with your ticket. You will need your ticket to be registered in your name and to have it with you on the day of the conference.
- If you choose to be invoiced for your ticket you will receive it via Eventbrite. If you do not receive this email, please check your junk folder before contacting the conference organiser, as it might have been viewed as SPAM by your spam filter.
- If your email address has changed since registration, be sure to advise your new email address to the conference organiser or edit your information via your Eventbrite ticket. The conference organiser will not be held responsible for lost or misplaced tickets or errors that occurred when registering.
- For Member’s tickets, your organisation must hold a current membership with VAADA. VAADA will cancel your tickets and as you to re-order if you are not a current member.
- For invoiced ticket holders, invoices must be paid within 30 days of booking, or by February 3rd for tickets purchased less than 30 days before the conference. Unpaid ticketholders will not be allowed entry. Early bird: To receive our early bird specials, both registration AND payment must be received before Early Bird Registrations Close on 7th January 2022. Any registration money received after this date will be used to contribute to the price of regular tickets.
Can I share my ticket?
- While COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted as a precaution, we will not be allowing ticket sharing. All ticket holders will be required to have a ticket registered in their name and wear a wristband. We want to ensure all delegates are safe while attending the conference.
Student, Concession and LLE Volunteer Tickets
- Students must be undertaking study during the year of the conference. The student must have a student identification card from a recognised tertiary or secondary educational institution or an international student card. Students must be studying full-time to qualify for the discounted rate. Students must supply proof of study and a student ID card via email to email@example.com.
- Lived and Living Experience Volunteers must be undertaking unpaid volunteer work in an AOD or allied sector. LLE Volunteers must supply proof of volunteer status via email from their organisation’s Volunteer Coordinator.
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
- All cancellations and requests for registration refunds must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any changes to your registration or optional bookings will not be accepted over the phone.
- Tickets cannot be transferred. Please cancel your ticket (subject to the below)
- Cancellations made before January 23rd will receive a full refund
- Cancellations made within 14 days of the conference will be refunded at 80% of the cost price per person. Exceptions are at the discretion of the organising committee.
- Refunds will not be issued until after the conference.
- Refunds will not be given for non-attendance at the conference.
- Should your attendance at the conference be impacted by any restrictions enforced by COVID-19 government regulations, the conference organisers will discuss available options on a case-by-case basis and reach a mutual agreement.
- All payments must be received 7 days before the conference. If payment for your registration type (eg Early bird) is not received by the cut-off date, your registration type will be changed to the next registration level.
- All fees and costs quoted are GST inclusive. Tax invoices will be issued following receipt of payment.
- Credit Card
VISA, Mastercard are accepted. All payments will be processed through Eventbrite.
- Electronic Funds Transfer
Details for EFT payments will be provided on your tax invoice and must be paid 7 days before the conference.
Your official conference name badge and wristband must be worn at all times, as it is your entry to all sessions.
COVID Safety Policy
While COVID restrictions are now lifted, please reconsider attending the conference if you have COVID-19 or are feeling unwell.
Morning, afternoon tea and lunches will be provided in the exhibition space. Nominate your dietary requirements when you purchase your ticket. The conference will cater for Vegetarian, Gluten Free and Vegan/Lactose Intolerant.
Dietary requirements will be catered for to the best of the caterer’s ability. Individuals with severe allergies are requested to bring any allergy medication (EpiPen, Phenergan etc.) as prescribed by your doctor to the conference and any associated function. Whilst due care is taken by the organisers and caterer, individuals must take primary responsibility for their own health.
Thursday February 9th, Melbourne Pullman on the park
The Conference dinner will be held on Thursday, 9th February from 18:00-22:00. Tickets are $99.Dinner Tickets