Youth Focused AOD Practices Training – 2 Days – 26th & 27th June, 2017
June 6 - July 6
WRAD along with YSAS will be presenting a 2 day training program based on Youth Focused AOD Practices.
This training program aims to increase the capacity of service workers to effectively support and respond to the needs of young people using substances.
Over the 2 days, participants will have the opportunity to understand why young people use drugs, how they use them, and how to reduce harms.
Day 1: Young people and drug use
* Gain an understanding of drugs and their effects, patterns of
adolescent drug use, trends in the local community
* Responding to intoxication and challenging presentations
* How to engage young people in constructive conversations
about drug use.
Day 2: Developmentally-responsive practice
* Experiential approach
* Family-inclusive practice
* Brief interventions
* Youth AOD services system